Friday, September 24, 2010

A Sketch a Day (or trying to...)

Hot weather dries all the 'artsy' right out of me, and I've neglected to do pretty much anything creative for a long time. So I'm trying some forced practice. One sketch a day, of whatever I find in front of me.

I like to try drawing the things I see every single day, since I have to un-memorize what I see all the time, and draw what they really look like.

Here's my desk, sitting on my desk. Domo seems happy, but so does Ironman, which isn't quite his style. I'll have to try drawing the ceramic marbles on their own, as they're so intricate it just kills me to look at them. Which is probably why I love them.

Here's hoping for some cool this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Love the sketch next to the still life. Classic.

    Here's wishing you some cool weather to continue to spark the creative vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so incredibly talented. Loved looking through your pictures. I'm going to have to show my 13 yr. daughter. She loves sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar, I'm hoping you will come back, because I'll post it tomorrow, just for you. : )

    Thank you, Dawn! I've been sketching since I was 3, so it's a habit I can't break. Tell your daughter to keep it up, there's no better practice than just doing it All The Time. Especially if it's something you love.

    ReplyDelete